top of page

Accident Sickness And Unemployment 

Short-term income protection, also known as STIP, can help you keep up with your rent or mortgage payments and other outgoings if you are made redundant or you’re too sick to work for a short period of time. Read more to find out how you can protect yourself in the short term.

Accident Sickness Unemployment cover is another shorter term form of income protection which covers you in the event of accident sickness or if selected unemployment for a specified period of time.

In the current economic climate this can be an invaluable cover to have in place providing peace of mind that you can cover your bills.

We can look at your individual circumstances to ascertain if this is a suitable product for you and get you the best possible cover to suit your budget. Get in touch and we will happily chat to you about your needs

What is short-term income protection insurance?


It’s designed to pay you an agreed monthly amount during a short period (usually 12 months) when you can’t work because of an accident, sickness or redundancy.

When you make a claim you have to wait a set number of days before you start to receive a monthly payment.

The payments continue until you go back to work, or – if you don’t return to work – for a maximum period (typically one or two years).

Get in touch​

Contact our office to book a consultation or request a free callback at a time that suits you.

Success! Message received.


Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or any debt secured upon it. 

A fee of £299 is payable on application. We will also be paid commission from the lender.

bottom of page